Crystal Ruth Bell Residency Wrap-Up
(Beijing)—I’ve finished my stint with the 5th Crystal Ruth Bell Residency with China Residencies and Red Gate Gallery. Here are some highlights in the second half:
- “Maslow’s Dream,” a group exhibition at the Austrian Embassy
2. Open Studios at Red Gate Gallery
3. Going around the hutong in Crystal Ruth Bell’s sanlunche to ask people for their climate stories and opinions on the food I designed
4. Holding a Letters for Science Workshop
5. Interacting with the elderly in Beijing
6. Spending time with kindergarten and grad school friends
7. Thinking about food futures of China
8. Training! Hurray!
9. Working on a new piece for Science Gallery Detroit. More soon!
10. Being with nature and having time to think about very important big future steps.
It was a wonderful tranformative time. Stay tuned for outcomes! In the meantime, thank you China Residencies and dear friends I’ve met along the way!